Sunday, February 3, 2008

Keystone

I had a conference at Keystone in Colorado so I was able to spend some time with Lisa's family in Denver. We went to the aquarium and saw the river otters and a tiger (aquarium?) as well as figured out the best way to reconfigure Carson's GeoTrax. Well, I should have taken pictures of the huge front room wall we painted, but it looks like I only grabbed pics from when I was skiing later that next week. It was gloriously blue, bitterly cold, incredibly beautiful. Here's where I took the slow and windy ski lift ride up the mountain instead of the quick enclosed gondola next-door. No wonder the lines were so short.
Just me and my shadow. Keystone had three mountains to ski on and I think I only doubled up on a run once or twice despite skiing for about 4 or 5 hours. Best resort ever!!!
Here's the site at the top of the front mountain towards the end of the day. It was absolutely fantastic and I couldn't have picked a better day to go. It would have been nice, of course, to have had some friends along. But, they don't all have glorious jobs like mine, so oh well.


And, I did actually go to most of the conference. See? Here are some of the fantastic people I met. The guy and girl in the back had gotten engaged just hours before. They're both from London. The other girls were from Sweden, Germany, and the States.

No comments: