Tonight I went with my back door neighbors to the Phantom of the Opera at the Paramount. Now despite the fact that I've been able to play many of the songs due to my one year of piano lessons (I didn't say I played well), the only time I've seen it is the movie version. And what a show! Nothing like a good old romance where one of the men is a horribly disfigured musical genius from the sewer . . . and shoots wussy red sparks out of a cane. Still not sure what that was supposed to do but apparently Raoul didn't know either because he pretty much just grabbed Christine and wandered offstage unconcerned. I thought the chandelier could have really plummeted onto the stage with explosions and legitimate diving for dear life. But, it's definitely worth seeing on stage, it's just fun. The funniest part was that there were two mesmerized Christine's when the Phantom started singing. Nice! But, keep the mask on Phantom-man, you're icky under there. Thanks Jeanette for getting us all tickets and to Sarah for picking them up.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Holla back Phantom, I'm right here.
Tonight I went with my back door neighbors to the Phantom of the Opera at the Paramount. Now despite the fact that I've been able to play many of the songs due to my one year of piano lessons (I didn't say I played well), the only time I've seen it is the movie version. And what a show! Nothing like a good old romance where one of the men is a horribly disfigured musical genius from the sewer . . . and shoots wussy red sparks out of a cane. Still not sure what that was supposed to do but apparently Raoul didn't know either because he pretty much just grabbed Christine and wandered offstage unconcerned. I thought the chandelier could have really plummeted onto the stage with explosions and legitimate diving for dear life. But, it's definitely worth seeing on stage, it's just fun. The funniest part was that there were two mesmerized Christine's when the Phantom started singing. Nice! But, keep the mask on Phantom-man, you're icky under there. Thanks Jeanette for getting us all tickets and to Sarah for picking them up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment