
So today I defended my dissertation titled "New twists in immune recognition revealed by an alpha/beta TCR". I was sort of nervous but more nervous for what my boss was going to say about me as part of the introduction. It turns out that he was kind of nice and he even gave me a hug afterwards and said congratulations. So look at us, BFFs for about six minutes. The questions weren't that bad afterwards but I think I could have done better. But I always think I could have done better. Thus my curse. Well, it's over and I turned in my dissertation to the graduate school this afternoon. I'm now Christine McBeth, PhD. Or to be more accurate, Christine McBeth BS PhD. Maybe I should stick the first one! Well. Huzzah! Now my beautiful family is in town and we have the weekend to enjoy Seattle together. This afternoon we're going on the Underground Tour where Seattle looked like a belgian waffle for a while and out to dinner for Indian at "Taste of India". Here are pictures of the after-party that my lab threw for me. Here's me and Whitney.

Here's a groupish shot of the crowd.

And the gift from my lab was a penguin that is now going to be watching over me as I finish up my last three months.
No comments:
Post a Comment