Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Guns N' Moses

Oh my oh my oh my. Emily, Tom, Jonny, and I all headed out to the Grant County Fair. Unbelievable fun and I send my warmest appreciation to the Goodrich family for letting us come bother them for the weekend. We spent Friday night watching "Die the Hardest Ever" or something like that and I realized that Bruce Willis is incredibly fun to watch when the world is against him. Saturday morning we went out to the fair to watch Emily defend her third place title in the Siphon Setting World Championships. Er, Jonny and I also competed but us city kids have nothing on these legits. Although Jonny definitely had some flair and won the crowd over by testing the wind and by "only being an accountant". After a lunch of space burgers which I'm sure you'll all remember hearing about from the last time we went to the fair, we went shooting (shooting!!!) with Emily's dad where I realized that I should probably close one eye while shooting and neither keep both open while I'm tracking the disc or close both with the 12-gauge goes off. Then to the rodeo that night. We saw barrel racers and broncos and girls that can flip up and over and around the horse. But the day was not over, it was off to the carnival to ride the Zipper. I love love carnival rides for reasons unknown. Nothing that big and dangerous and spinnie should be portable! But here we are about to go on. And here we are again where Emily is super amused at my willingness to cozy up to Tom before his dangerous ride on the Zip. And here is Jonny ready to roll where we definitely did get flipped up and down. Fantastic! Thank you, thank you, thank you to the Goodrich's! My trips out to their home have been some of the highlights of my time in Seattle.

No comments: